The Online Drugstore's Stress Management Techniques for Better Health
We all experience stress. It’s part of life.
And stress can be a motivating thing sometimes. But it can also cause anxiety and potentially lead to other conditions.
Let’s explore some healthy habits and stress management techniques that you can implement immediately, plus others that you can adopt as lifestyle changes that will also boost your overall health and some products you can buy here at The Online Drugstore that may help you.
Remember to speak to your doctor if you're experiencing chronic stress or if your stress levels are causing anxiety, depression, or other mental health issues.
9 things you can do now to manage stress better
The most significant thing you can do to achieve better stress management is to ensure that you set yourself up to meet this objective.
Here are nine relatively simple things you can do that will help you manage stress better:
- Work towards a more positive attitude. A positive mindset can instantly help to minimize stress and its impact on you.
- Accept that you can’t control everything. If something happens that you can't control, try not to stress about it, as there's nothing you could have done anyway.
- Be assertive. Say what you think and feel about things rather than becoming angry or defensive. Such reactions immediately increase our stress levels, which you can avoid by making small changes to how you approach discussions or potential conflict.
- Manage your time better. It's incredible how much stress we can avoid simply by better understanding and appreciating the limitations of what we can do in the time we have.
- Set boundaries. After you say “no” to something once, it gets easier to do it repeatedly. Trying to please people is a significant cause of stress, so stop doing it and learn to say no.
- Make time to do the things you love. Hobbies and personal pursuits are a great way to reduce stress and make yourself feel good.
- Avoid using alcohol and drugs to manage stress. You might think you feel better in the short term, but all you're doing is making things tougher.
- Spend time with loved ones. And do it in real life where possible. Text group chats don’t count!
- Seek help if you need it. Use your workplace wellness program if you have one. If you don't, speak to your doctor about a referral to a stress management professional.
4 Lifestyle Changes for Stress Management and Better Overall Health
All of the above healthy habits will help you manage stress and feel better about yourself and life overall. Now let’s explore four specific lifestyle changes that will aid stress management and significantly impact your overall health and well-being.
Exercise delivers a wealth of health and well-being benefits. As well as the direct benefits exercise has on our body, exercising can also improve our sleep patterns and mood, both of which are vital for better stress management.
Physically active people also tend to be less anxious and find it easier to have a positive mindset. The best thing about exercise? You can do it just about anywhere!
Maintaining A Healthy Diet
As with exercise, most people recognize the benefits of a healthy and balanced diet. But many don't realize the impact food can have on our mood.
Eating healthy can help dampen the effects of stress. It can also boost our immune system, help us maintain a level head and consistent mood, and lower blood pressure, which can reduce our stress levels.
In contrast, eating highly processed foods with high fat and sugar content can do the opposite. And this can turn into a slippery slope, as feeling stressed can make us crave unhealthy foods, which then makes things even worse.
Vitamin C, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids are hugely beneficial for stress management. If you struggle to get enough magnesium into your diet, try these concentrated magnesium supplements from The Online Drugstore.
Getting Your Sleep Routine
Sleep is similar to diet in that not getting enough sleep can heighten your stress levels, but high stress levels can also make it more challenging to get to sleep in the first place.
Maintaining a good sleep routine can work wonders for your stress levels and significantly impact your overall health. Healthy habits that will help you sleep better include:
- Exercising regularly, as we mentioned above
- Ensuring you get enough exposure to sunlight throughout the day
- Avoiding alcohol and caffeine close to bedtime
- Avoiding screens for at least an hour before bed
- Doing something relaxing like taking a bath before you go to bed
Try a lavender bath bomb to add an even more relaxing vibe to your bedtime bath, or try some lavender essential oils in a diffuser or even dropped onto your pillow.
Try Different Relaxation Techniques
There are many relaxation techniques that you can use to help reduce stress levels and enhance your overall health.
- Yoga combines exercise and meditation. Choose yoga routines focusing on stretching and deep breathing; these are excellent for mindfulness and lowering stress levels.
- Meditation has been around for so long that it's surprising that it doesn't come naturally to us! Meditation has many benefits, including reducing stress, our ability to manage chronic pain, and making it easier for us to get to sleep. Try finding a quiet spot for just five minutes to sit or lie comfortably, focus on your breathing, and just let your thoughts go.
- Deep breathing is an excellent relaxation technique that can instantly diffuse situations where we're feeling under stress. Learning to breathe deeply means you can send more oxygen to your brain and calm your nervous system. Why do you think you see sports players taking slow breaths before taking a free throw or when standing over a must-make putt?
Manage Stress Better and Get Healthier While You're Doing It!
As you've probably realized as you've read through this guide, so many elements of our health and well-being are interlinked and depend on each other for us to feel and perform at our best.
Use both the mindset tips and the more significant lifestyle changes we've discussed here, and you'll quickly find stress management comes much easier to you – and you'll be improving your overall health and well-being at the same time!
In addition, here at The Online Drugstore, we have various supplements that may help your mood while you're on your journey toward becoming a stress management superstar.
Remember to consult your doctor before taking any new vitamins and supplements or if your stress levels affect your mental health and make you anxious or depressed.
The Online Drugstore's Stress Management Techniques for Better HealthWe all experience stress. It’s part of life. And stress can be a motivating thing sometimes. Bu …23rd May 2023
Managing Chronic Pain: Top 5 Products to Help Manage Chronic PainChronic pain can be significantly debilitating. While the pain itself is challenging enough, chronic …23rd May 2023
Does It Make Sense to Order Nutritional Supplements From an Online Drugstore?Your favorite health and beauty items are only a click away at The Online Drugstore. We make it easy …5th May 2022