In our previous blog post, we started exploring the fundamentals of first aid kits. We kicked things off by looking at the primary categories of first aid kits. The major breakdown is between home first aid kits and travel first aid kits. The primary difference between these kits is that the home kit doesn’t need a lot of the items that would be in your medicine cabinet, while the travel kit needs to accommodate those types of items while still remaining compact and convenient.
Now that we have the major types of first aid kits, we can take a closer look at the essential items that any quality first aid kit ought to have. As your trusted online health store, we go out of our way to ensure that we are stocked with all the essentials to keep your first aid kit full, and everyone in your home happy and healthy. So, let’s take a look at what kinds of products you want to make sure to have in your first aid kits.
Items To Have In All Types Of Kits
We’ll start by listing items that should be in your first aid kit regardless of whether you’ll be keeping it at home or taking it on the go. All first aid kits should include the following:
- Adhesive bandages. These are essential for all sorts of minor cuts and scrapes you might come across. Our online health store has a wide selection of adhesive bandages to choose from. If, for instance, you’re on the move a lot, a good option would be Band-Aid Sport Strip Adhesive Bandages.
- Wrapping bandages. ACE bandages are important for sprains in elbows, ankles, knees, etc.
- Gauze and tape. Gauze and tape serve a variety of purposes beyond what adhesive bandages can offer, including helping clean wounds. You can check out our selection of both our gauze and our tape.
- Antiseptic and anesthetic. Antiseptics (such as Neosporin + Pain Relief First Aid Ointment) are essential for protecting wounds from infection, and anesthetics (like Americaine Benzocaine Topical Anesthetic Spray) are great for helping with the discomfort that comes from minor scrapes, skin issues, and bug bites.
- Oral antihistamine. These are important for allergies. Check out our selection of oral antihistamines here.
- Exam gloves. You don’t want to risk causing an infection due to unclean hands.
- Tools. Every first aid kit calls for some essential tools that stay in the kits themselves. These types of items are too easy to take from the kit and to never show up again. These include scissors, tweezers, and safety pins.
Items For Travel Kits
The above items should fill out your home kit. Travel kits, however, call for some extra items in addition to what we discussed above. These can include:
- Pain relief. One of the most important things to include in your travel kit is over-the-counter pain relief. This can include aspirin and ibuprofen (such as Advil).
- Cough and flu. You want to make sure to bring medication both for coughs and fevers. These can include products that can help you get some rest, like NyQuil, or products that are specifically geared at fever reduction like Tylenol. It never hurts to have some lozenges handy as well.
- Stomach aid. This might include medications for gas relief, indigestion relief, or general upset stomach.
- Sunscreen. You don’t want to leave home without it. Check out our selection of sun care products.
- Even more tools. Since you won’t have access to your home items, you should consider tools like a lighter, flashlight, thermometer, and resealable bags.
- Your personal medications. It’s imperative that you not forget your personal medications.
Your Online Health Store
As we mentioned in our previous blog post, you can always go with ready-made first aid kits. However, there are distinct advantages to crafting your own, including personalizing the contents, catering to your level of medical knowledge or training, and saving money in the long-run.
In any case, these are some of the most essential items that you’ll want to have in any quality first aid kit. As your trusted online health store, we want to remind you that it’s always important to discuss these decisions with your physician and pharmacist. Once you and your medical professionals have decided what products are best for you, the Online Drugstore will have what you need!
As your trustworthy online health store, we know the importance of a reliable first aid kit. Who hasn’t ran into a situation where you turn to your first aid kit for assistance, only to find that it’s empty or missing exactly what you need? A well-stocked first aid kit should be kept in your home, [...]
Winter is no longer coming. Summer is coming. And, as we have pointed out in a previous blog post, this means taking steps to stay safe in the summer heat. As we discussed, this means learning the importance of proper sunscreen usage. But staying safe in the sun is not just for you and me. [...]
In our last post, we looked at the importance of healthy skin care during the summer by exploring proper sunscreen usage. With summer hot on our tails, many of us are concerned about both our health and our appearance. We will explore the connection between health and beauty in ongoing blogs, but for now we are [...]
April showers bring May flowers as the saying goes. Not only that, but they also bring spring allergy season. As all the beautiful flowers and trees burst into bloom again, you can be left sniffling, sneezing, and feeling under the weather. If you are someone who suffers from allergies, don’t despair. There are ways to [...]
Through our online health store, you can find an array of vitamins and supplements to add to your daily diet. In many cases, supplements are one of the most effective ways to ensure you are getting enough important nutrients. As you browse the vast selection of vitamins we offer, you might begin to wonder, which [...]
As an online health store, we carry an array of vitamins and supplements aimed at improving your health. Whether you religiously take your vitamins each morning or you are just now considering the importance of adding this to your daily routine, we are here to assist you in finding affordable and high-quality supplements for your [...]
We have all heard the basics of leading a healthy life. We know that we should avoid too much sugar, eat more fruits and veggies, and exercise at least a little daily. However, sticking to a healthy lifestyle long-term can be extremely difficult. Often, we follow a fad diet or exercise regime, only to fall [...]
How To Survive The Holidays When You’re Sugar, Dairy, and Gluten Free! Festive foods are, no doubt, a large part of the holiday season. If you are committing to making healthier food changes but still want to have a social life, get the holiday survival tips here! Surviving the holidays is a feat in itself and when [...]
You may be doing all the right things to balance your blood sugar, but still missing an impactful piece. If you struggle with diabetes, you likely have experienced the ebb and flow of unstable blood sugar levels. When your blood sugar skyrockets or dips too low, managing it can be a difficult task. Even if you [...]