Iron Capsules And Other Supplements
Our bodies need iron to function properly, but many people across the U.S. and the rest of the world are seriously lacking in this vital mineral. Your doctor may recommend that you take iron supplements, such as Feosol high potency iron, or another type.
Why Do Iron Supplements Help Some People?
If you have an iron deficiency, your body can’t produce the red blood cells necessary for carrying oxygen to your organs. Iron is an important component of hemoglobin, which represents about two-thirds of the iron in your body; without it, you’re facing serious health consequences.
Iron supplements may help you if you experience:
- An uncomfortable tingling or crawling feeling in your legs (restless leg syndrome)
- Brittle nails
- Chest pain
- Cold hands and feet
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Extreme fatigue
- Fast heartbeat
- Frequent infections
- Inflammation or soreness of your tongue
- Pale skin
- Poor appetite, especially in infants and children with iron deficiency anemia
- Shortness of breath
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or starch
All of these are symptoms of iron deficiency, and you should talk to your physician about taking iron supplements right away if you experience any of them.