The holiday season is here! And what better way to get into the festive spirit and keep restless children and grandchildren busy than by indulging in some holiday crafting fun?
As well as keeping young hands and minds busy, our list of cute holiday craft ideas is perfect for creating DIY holiday decorations or even gifts for friends and family with a personal touch.
To help you get set for the festivities, here are five equally heartwarming and cute holiday craft ideas covering Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Hanukkah.
Let the festivities begin!
Special Thanksgiving Crafts
Create a Thankful Scrapbook
A "Thankful Scrapbook" is a magical way to document all the blessings and memorable moments of the past 12 months. And the beauty of doing this with youngsters is that there are so many different things they can do. You can keep it wholesome and get them to create a scrapbook about their friends and family or get them to do something about their favorite sports team or another of their interests.
Let them choose what they want to do to keep them as interested and engaged as possible!
Essential Materials for Holiday Scrapbooking
- Scrapbooking supplies. Whether you need to buy a new scrapbook or a refill for an existing one, The Online Drugstore has you covered.
- Remember things like scissors, tape, and glue!
- Photographs and mementos. Print photographs from the internet or their smartphone if they have one, and gather mementos about whatever they want to scrapbook. This might be tickets to events, news clippings, or anything similar.
- Decorative stickers to help them add some glitz and glamor to their scrapbook.
- Colorful pens and markers for journaling, coloring, or creating bright and bold page names and drawings.
Cute Christmas Crafts
Crocheted Christmas Ornaments
Crocheted or knitted Christmas ornaments are timeless and work brilliantly well as Christmas tree decorations, as additions to wreaths, or even as gift tags. It’s easy to find patterns online that will help you and your younger family members bring a whole host of holiday knitting ideas to life. From snowflakes, to angels, to trees, and many festive themes in between, the options are endless!
Bringing Your Holiday Crochet Ideas to Life
To get started with Christmas crocheting, you’ll need the following:
- Crocheting supplies from The Online Drugstore. You'll need, at minimum, a crocheting hook and an appropriate color thread!
- Starch or fabric stiffener to help keep your creations robust.
- Optional decorations, like glitter or fabric paint.
- Patterns for whatever you want to create!
Hand Painted Christmas Ornaments
Another way to add a personal touch to your gifts or Christmas decorations is to throw yourself and your children or grandchildren into some festive painting. Painting festive pictures is great, but why not do something extra special and hand-paint some decorations? It's great fun and an opportunity for younger children to create an early, meaningful holiday memory. Customizing festive ornaments gets our vote!
Everything You Need for Holiday Painting
In addition to buying clear glass or plastic baubles, you’ll need:
- Acrylic paints.
- Ribbon or twine for tying and hanging your baubles.
- Stencils of things like snowmen, reindeer, and snowflakes for easy – and tidier! – painting and decoration.
- A space away from young hands to let everything dry.
Handmade Christmas Cards
One of the simplest ways to create something personal during the holidays is to create your own Christmas cards by hand. The beauty of doing this is that youngsters will have likely had plenty of practice at school or extra-curricular clubs, so they'll be able to take the lead and probably end up showing you how it's done! Whether it's a custom Christmas card for their parents, another relative, a close friend, or someone else special, there's lots of fun you can have here—and special joy you can share.
Essential Supplies for Custom Christmas Card Creations
There are so many possibilities here – the best approach is to have a bit of everything!
No matter where your homemade Christmas card creativity is headed, make sure you stock up on the following supplies:
- Scissors, tape, and glue.
- Colorful pens and markers.
- Card for the Christmas card itself, and paper for any cut-out decorations.
- Tissue paper.
Special Handmade Hanukkah Crafts
Menorah Memory Board
We’ve already given you some holiday scrapbook ideas, and here’s another one if you’ll be celebrating Hanukkah with your loved ones this festive season. A menorah memory board or scrapbook is a fantastic way to enjoy the Festival of Lights by bringing together eight cherished memories to mark each day of Hanukkah.
Hanukkah Crafting Essentials
Have hours of Hanukkah crafting fun by stocking up on these essentials:
- A large piece of cardboard or foam board.
- Scrapbooking paper – or a whole new scrapbook – from The Online Drugstore.
- Cherished photos, mementos, or printouts of meaningful text.
- Scissors, tape, and glue.
That’s a Wrap On Our Cute Holiday Craft Tips!
These are just a handful of ideas that will help bring the start of the holiday season to life for you and your family and get your creative and crafty juices flowing. Remember, it's all about having fun and creating memories with your loved ones this time of year.
With that in mind, you can gather all your holiday crafting supplies here at The Online Drugstore, make everyone a cup of cocoa, bake up some cookies, and let the crafting fun begin!